Monday, January 08, 2007

Thank goodness 2006 is over. The year started off good and a lot of good things happened in 2006 but it ended with the worst possible outcome. Most people who know me, know that my Mom passed away in October. That has been by far the worst pain I have ever experienced in my lifetime. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and miss her more than I ever imagined. I don't think anyone could ever understand the hurt and the emptiness you feel when you lose your mother unless you have experienced it yourself. I know I had no idea what other people were feeling when they had lost a parent. Now I have such a greater empathy and compassion for others that are or have gone through the same thing. I guess we experience these things in life to bring us greater compassion for others. It scares me to think that this is just the beginning of a lot more loss to come. I think of losing my Dad or other family members and that loss and death are a part of life. I can't even begin to understand how someone could cope with losing a child. Again, I don't think anyone could unless they have experienced it themselves. I hope that is something I will never have to experience in my lifetime. The same with losing a spouse. I don't know what my Dad is experiencing compared with the loss I'm feeling. I see how lost he is without Mom and how lonely and it breaks my heart. Even though I have faith that I will see my loved ones in a life after this, it still hurts to not have our loved ones in our life now.
Our family has gone through other changes this year that have been very painful. It has made me realize how much I value family and how important my family is to me. Families are there no matter what, whether we want them to be or not, and that is a good thing. Families are forever. I'm very thankful for that.

Last year started off good with a trip to Disneyland with the family that was a blast. We had so much fun. Chloe loved seeing all the characters and loved riding ALL the rides. Great memories. We have to go again soon.



Mel & I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary in January. Keyera & my Mom gave us a party with all our friends & family there. More great memories.





Went to a motocross race...HANGTOWN.


Raining but FUN.



Had Mother's Day at my Moms with everyone.


We went to Trinity camping a couple of times with the family. Went to Wyntoon with my Mom & Dad. More cherished memories.





Chloe was a flower girl for two weddings....


This was for Kierstens......

This was for Lyndseys....



Joey and Hanna got engaged.



This was at Keyera's birthday in October. Gary, Jeannie, Mom, Teresa, Wes, and my Dad. One of the last pictures of my Mom....Doesn't she look happy?

This was all the cousins at the Sample family Christmas.


Chloe & her Daddy at Christmas .

Mel and I at Christmas.


So, there was a lot of good in 2006 but it seems like it was all another lifetime ago. It's hard for me because things will never be the same again and we won't have any new pictures for 2007 with mom. Our family has changed forever and it's hard for me to accept. I know life will go on and our family will adjust but it won't ever feel right. I can only pray that as time goes on, my memories will remain and new memories will be created. Things will continue to change but families will be forever. Thank Goodness for that.

0 comments: